Your Guide to Video Poker Games: We Explain Everything in 2023
Here is a full guide to video poker games. Our experts at MySer-Gambling have provided all the information you need to know in order to understand what video poker games are, as well as how to play them. We also provided all the best tips to win at video poker online.
What are Video Poker Games
Video poker is a type of casino game that is based on the five-card draw poker. It is performed on a video console nearly identical in size to a video slot device. Video poker games are available in both land-based and online casinos. The objective of the game is to create the best possible hand from the five cards that are dealt. The player then has the option to trade in some of their cards for new ones in an attempt to improve their hand.
The payout for each video poker game varies depending on the winning hand. For example, a royal flush (the highest possible hand) will often pay out 4000 coins, whereas a full house may only pay out 150 coins.
Why You Should Play Video Poker Games
Video poker is a casino game that has been around for decades. It is a popular choice for casino goers because it is a game of skill, rather than luck. There are many different types of video poker games, each with its own set of rules and payouts. Here are some reasons why you should give video poker a try:
- You can win big money playing video poker games. While the odds of hitting a royal flush are slim, the payouts for hitting one are huge. If you get lucky and hit a royal flush, you could walk away with thousands of dollars.
- Video poker is a relatively low-risk game. The house edge on most video poker games is less than five percent. This means that you have a good chance of winning some money when you play video poker games.
- Video poker is a pretty common game and these games can be found at most online casinos. Because of their constant availability, makes them an ideal choice for both casual and experienced gamblers.
- Free video poker games are also available for practice. This means that you will never need to play for real cash if you are not ready.
How to Play Video Poker Games
Video poker games might not be the most complex game out there, but it is more complicated than your typical slot machine game. Learning how to play any video poker game is essential to the long-term success that you would want. After you figure out where to play video poker games, you can commit to learning how to play the game.
Learning how to win at video poker games is not very difficult, but you will need to know how to play the game first. As the game starts, you have been handed five cards. By touching the images on the screen or hitting buttons on the console, you may select which ones to retain.
Then you press the “Draw” button to acquire new cards for the ones you didn’t retain. If you get a typical poker hand, such as two pair, straight, or flush, you win. The sum you win with each hand is determined by the video poker machine’s pay table.
Video Poker Terminology
As with any casino game, video poker games come with a unique set of terms. While it is not important to know them by heart, having a cheat sheet to help you understand how the game works is always a good idea.
- Payback – The amount of money paid back to you as a victory is referred to as payback. It is a proportion of the total amount of money wagered in a game. A game, for instance, may have a 99.54% payback.
That implies the player receives $99.54 for each and every $100 wagered on that game at the online or land-based casino. This rate will be paid back to a dollar user that utilizes $5 each round and plays 20 hands.
- House Edge – A house advantage is the percentage of your wager that the casino keeps. It differs from the cash wagered, coin-in, and gaming returns. Simply defined, a house advantage is 100% plus 99.54%.
Since video poker games have the lowest house advantage, it has gained in popularity. Not all games, however, have such a huge house edge. Some may be as little as %95.
- Volatility/Variance – The two aspects that influence a game’s qualities are variation and volatility. They are under the repayment category.
Variance or volatility is to blame for any fluctuations in your bankroll. Volatility describes how low or high a bankroll fluctuates. The phrase “variance” is a mathematical concept that quantifies volatility.
- Paytable – The most significant data for a player is contained in a video poker paytable. It contains everything needed to assess how the game operates. The paytable will assist you in understanding video game volatility.
- Poker Hands – Free or real money video poker games are played with particular hands in mind. These hands will determine whether or not you win.
Below you will find a table that contains non-winning hands.
|Four Cards of a Royal Flush||Four Cards of a Straight Flush|
|Three Cards of a Royal Flush||Four Cards of a Flush|
|A Pair of 10s or Lower||Four Cards of an Open Straight|
|Three Cards of an Inside Straight Flush||Three Cards of an Open Straight Flush including a High Card|
|A, K, Q, J of Unmatched Suits||Two Cards or a Royal Flush|
|Four Cards of an Inside Straight with Three High Cards||Three Cards of a Straight Flush with One Less High Card Than Inside Gaps|
|K, Q, J of Different Suits||Q, J of Different Suits|
|J, 10 of the Exact Suit||K, Q/J of Different Suits|
|Q, 10 of the Exact Suit||A, K, Q, J of Different Suits|
|K, 10 of the Exact Suit||One High Card|
|Three Cards of an Inside Straight Flush with No High Card||Discard the Entire Hand|
Below you will find a table that contains winning hands.
|Royal Flush (A, K, Q, J, 10 in the exact suit)|
|Straight Flush (Five cards of the exact suit in succession)|
|Four-of-a-Kind (Four cards of the exact kind in different suits)|
|Full House (Three cards of the exact suit and two cards of another suit)|
|Flush (Five cards of the exact suit)|
|Straight (Five cards in sequential order)|
|Three-of-a-Kind (Three cards of the exact kind in different suits with two other cards)|
|Two-Pair (Two cards of the exact kind, another two cards of the exact kind, and another card)|
|Jacks or Better|
Video Poker Games Tips
Video poker is a game that can be enjoyed by anyone. However, there are some tips that can help you improve your chances of winning at video poker games.
There are many different strategies that can be used in order to increase your chances of winning. It is essential to practice playing video poker games before you start gambling with real money. This way, you will be more comfortable with the game and have a better chance of success.
It is very important to understand that the same tips will not work with all games as there are different video poker titles available. Common tips include the following:
- Know your Paytables – In video poker, no hands are identical, so knowing your paytables is essential. Fortunately, if you are playing online, you will not have to remember the paytables because they’ll be readily posted on the screen.
- Bet the Maximum Amount – While playing online video poker, take full advantage of your possible rewards by clicking the max bet option. That way, if you obtain a Royal Flush, you’ll be paid handsomely.
- Low Card Pairs Over a Sole High Card – Hold a pair if you obtain them, regardless of whether they are low scoring. It is always preferable to maintain a scoring hand than to risk losing everything if you discarded a bottom pair to pursue a possibly better scoring hand.
- Understand When to Split Up a Flush or Straight – If you stand a chance at drawing a Royal Flush, we encourage splitting a flush or straight and going for it. Otherwise, continue with what you have got.
Types of Video Poker Games
There are many different types of video poker games, but the most common ones are Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, and Joker Poker. The probability of finding success at video poker depends on the game you have chosen and how good your hand is.
Jacks or Better is the most famous type of video poker. The odds of hitting a flush are about 1 in 700 hands, while the odds of hitting a full house are about 1 in 40 hands. Deuces Wild is another popular type of video poker. Depending on the game that you choose, you will be greeted with different odds, so always look at the paytable before committing to a game.
Now that you know what are video poker games and you have a basic idea of how they work and how to play them, the next step is to find your preferred online casino. The MySer-Gambling team of experts went through a thorough research process to ensure that you have all of the information that you would need. We hope that this guide takes you to new heights with video poker and always remember to gamble with safety in mind.
FAQ: Video Poker Games
How can I learn how to play video poker games without spending any money?
If you are hoping to learn how to play video poker without spending any real money then you are in luck. There are plenty of free online casinos available to anyone in the GCC region. This means that you can play online video poker games for free, but keep in mind that you will not win real money.
Is there a way to always win when playing video poker slot games?
No, video poker is a game of skill and chance. This means that you will need to be able to construct hands using the cards that are made available to you. Therefore, there is no guaranteed way to always win, but you will be able to get better at the game.